Saturday, June 16, 2012

Playtime at the Pool



Returning back to the Chateau Marmont after a little detour, let's head out to the pool area. Leaving the hotel through these doors, you can see another door across the way.

Using your key (not your room key...the OTHER one on your I-Dream-of-Jeannie-tassle-thingy), you can open the gate that leads you to the pool.



This mini Mexican tile tableau immediately greets you as you open the gate. It looks ancient and has been there ever since I started going to the Chateau over ten years ago. To get this photo, I had to prop the door open with one leg and balance myself while shooting. The things I do to get a photo.



Walking through the lush landscaping, you'll pass a small sitting area lit by this moroccan-style lamp. The perfect place to chill with a glass (or two) of red vino.



You might be curious to take this stairway and see where it takes you, but for the purposes of this post, we are going to avoid that temptation for now.



And then finally, you are at the pool.



It's not huge, but it sure is a beauty.



Always immaculate, the pool area is quiet and inviting, with a canopy of green that makes you forget you are only a few steps from Sunset Boulevard.



Just in case you aren't a good swimmer.



Supposedly, Howard Hughes enjoyed the view from his penthouse suite, picking the lovely ladies he'd like to meet.



At night, when the bartenders and sunbathers have retired, the pool takes on another persona.



As they say, lighting is everything.



From this corner of the patio, you can see one of the trendy billboards that lights your way along Sunset.



This blue bulb in the structure that holds the pool towels has always fascinated me.



=See more Chateau Marmont photos on my Chateau web pages.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the rates there?

Daveland said...

The rates are listed on their website.

K. Martinez said...

Thanks for the update! I never wait for more than 30 minutes for an attraction either, but after your description of RSR I guess I'll just have to get in line and bear with it. It sounds like the queue will be entertaining enough to lessen the pain. I can't wait!