Thursday, March 01, 2012

Traveling Thursdays: Sea World in San Diego



Happy Leap Year Day! Although I can't think of a tie-in to Sea World, maybe one of you creative types out there can. The first two shots are from my mom's Kodak Instamatic camera (luckily she saved the negatives!) from a Summer 1976 trip to San Diego.

The Bicentennial was all the rage, as you can see from the display in shot #1. In view #2, I am posing with my grandmother and brothers. All of us are sporting Coors Beer hats. I can't remember why we had them, but we did.



Flashing forward to 1985, my idyllic summer before graduating from college and having to earn a living. Sea World was one of my stops during that two week visit. By this time, I had my very own 35mm camera...with film!

















It would be another 9 years before I visited Sea World in San Diego again. These shots are from 1994:















I don't remember why, but somehow at the time it seemed funny to stand inside the bell.





See more vintage & current Sea World photos on my Sea World web page.

1 comment:

TokyoMagic! said...

Oooh, do you still have that paper bag? Or those pants? I'm digging the plaid.....seriously!