Saturday, November 12, 2011

Screen Gem Saturdays: Relaxing in Oz



"The Wizard of Oz" is one of the most beloved movies, and also the source of one of Hollywoods most desired collectibles, The Ruby Slippers. However, Judy Garland didn't wear the Ruby Slippers ALL the time. In this rehearsal shot, you can see Judy taking it easy by wearing a pair of what appears to be bedroom slippers.



Life is not always glamorous in Hollywood!

To follow-up on the Major's request from yesterday: I do have an alternative angle of the small world shot featuring one of the Little Pigs posing with me and my cousins. I believe it was taken on my brother's Polaroid camera.





See more Judy Garland photos on my Judy Garland web page.

4 comments:

Tilly said...

I did not know that! Thanks for sharing! I actually went to Washington DC and saw the slippers in a museum. They were old and worn out with sequins all over. I wonder where those bedroom slippers are?

Snow White Archive said...

Those slippers look like they'd be a lot more comfortable to walk the yellow brick road in.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, very cool that you have the matching photo!

JG said...

What the Major said. So good to see the kids have fun.

JG