Monday, September 26, 2011

Dapper at the Dog Pound



I am semi-guessing that this souvenir pic was shot at the Photo Shop on Main Street. This gentleman looks extremely dapper, standing proudly in front of the painted backdrop. Chances are this was taken at the shop seen in the photo below:



Not everything at Disneyland needs to be high-tech; I'll betcha' a fun souvenir cut-out opportunity like this would still go over big with the guests of today. What do you think?

See more Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland photos on my Main Street web page.

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I always thought that those novelty photos were taken somewhere in Tomorrowland (Art Corner?), but it is certainly possible that the Main Street location could have been used.

Never seen that Lady and the Tramp backdrop before. And it looks like he is wearing a mysterious pinback button of some kind. Is his pocket stuffed with paper napkins?

Connie Moreno said...

Dave, I agree with you completely. Somewhere I have a photo of my mom and dad, along with my aunt and uncle who were visiting from San Antonio, Texas. They had the photo taken in this shop, I believe. I hope I can find it and get it scanned to share with you.

JG said...

There's a lot to like about non-high-tech souvenirs. They could have costumes available too, as was done in years past.

Very cool. Thanks.

JG

DisWedWay said...

Hi Dave, Isn't that vintage dapper Jim Cora in your photo? By the way I would like to get a copy of your early Tom Sawyer Island map in 11 x14 for my Fronteirland Wall. Let me know how to connect on it. Glad to see you used my newly painted for Mark Davis and John Hench DL Python Snake as your 2nd page header on the Jungle Cruise circa 1976. PD

Daveland said...

PD: Please email me at: dvdpicasso@aol.com

DisWedWay said...

Ps Jim Cora, in the photo above, is a member of the Honored Disney Legends. PD