Friday, June 03, 2011

Viewliner & August 1958 Mixed Bag



It’s a wacky bag of assorted shots today from August 1958, with one standout image, which will hopefully make it worth viewing for all of you readers out there. It’s a busy day at the castle, with Main Street vehicles dumping people off left and right.

Let's get right to the gem of the batch, shall we? Here is The Viewliner, in all its miniature toy-like glory. These two ladies are either very savvy or just plain lucky, as The Viewliner was only in operation for one more month after this photo was taken.



The photographer obviously felt that once was not enough, and decided to capture this view of Dumbo & The Skyway twice.





As we look at the Jungle Cruise lanai, I begin to drift off into boredom.



With this last shot of the Old Mill on Tom Sawyer Island, I have drifted off to sleep completely.



Stay tuned for tomorrow's 5 year anniversary post; no snoozers for that one! See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my regular my main website.

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

These are all yummy Gems!, but yes, that Viewliner shot is WOW, so shinny! Ok, Jungle Cruise pics can lull me to sleep to, but thats a nice one!

Can't wait for tomorrows post! Pre-congrats....

Major Pepperidge said...

Yes, that Viewliner image is super nice!

Snow White Archive said...

Viewliner photo is a winner. Early congratulations on your 5 years.

Connie Moreno said...

Very, very, very, very NICE!!! Wow, five years? Awesome. Out of curiosity I looked up my first post and realized I missed my 4 year anniversary back in March LOL!