Friday, June 25, 2010

Freaky Fridays @ The Haunted Mansion: NBC—Exit, Vegas Style



Although it appears to be virtually the same each year, you can see there has been at least one major change when you compare these photos of the Haunted Holiday overlay from January 2003 and December 2005.



And a few sans–flash:





Sally at the end is cool, but surely they could have given her a little motion or something to keep her from seeming like a doll that was just plunked at the end. It’s kind of weird with all the other special efffects in the Mansion to just see her sitting static, plopped on a present.





See more Disneyland Haunted Mansion photos at my website.

2 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Hey, today's post is up early, isn't it? Or am I just up late?

Static Sally has always bothered me too. How much effort and cost would it take to have her arm move back and forth as she waves goodbye to "Sandy Claws?"

I read something online recently about the Oogie Boogie figure using the inner workings from one of the old "Big Al" (CBJ) figures. Anyone know if this is true?

Connie Moreno said...

I agree with you about Sally and I like the 2003 version MUCH better!