Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Disneyland August 27, 1955, Pt. 2



Let’s spend a relaxing day in Central Plaza, shall we? The popcorn here sure is delicious—nothing like a load of butter and salt to keep you peppy while walking around the park.



Even back in Walt’s day, the Disney geeks would be able to find examples of “bad show” to gripe about:



Before the succulent greasy goodness of Plaza Inn’s Fried Chicken, guests could eat at its previous incarnation, The Red Wagon Inn. Fred’s checking out the menu; he’s not sure he wants to eat here just yet. How bout that ca-raaaazy paper hat on Mildred over there at right?



More early views of the park. I’d like to come up with some witty commentary, but I just can’t muster any right now so I’ll let you do your own. Kind of like Mad Libs...just fill in the blanks and make your own fun!







No Storybook Land yet; just dirt.





See more Disneyland Fantasyland photos at my website.

4 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Excellent pics Dave. The Tuna Boat is spectacular. Why they ever destroyed it is... Oh Never Mind!

Major Pepperidge said...

Ha ha, I can relate to not being able to muster up commentary! After 1000 photos of the Pirate Ship and the Castle (etc), what can anybody say?

Love that first picture of 1955 Main Street...

Jason Schultz said...

Interesting contrast between the trash cans of Main Street (open top) and Fantasyland (themed).

Connie Moreno said...

Where do I begin???? Incredible photos, and love the commentary. I made the mistake of reading your blog while eating my lunch. Started laughing so hard, I was choking - you would have been responsible for my hospitalization, LOL!!!