Tuesday, March 09, 2010

You Are There: September 1959, pt. 4



In Fantasyland, the boys and their feathered hats are about to enter the dark and creepy world of Snow White's Scary Adventures in their Sneezy Car.

Those hats sure look right at home in Storybook Land!



Although I love the Storybook Boats, riding Casey Jr. around is much more fun and exhilarating! Again, a you-are-there vantage point as the train rounds the corner.



This is the first time I've noticed the "Watch For Rocks" sign on the Midget Autopia. Look at Junior rounding the corner with reckless abandon!



A rare vantage point of the Frontierland Depot before The Haunted Mansion and New Orleans Square added a ton of foot traffic to this area.



This series winds up with a late afternoon shot of the Mark Twain:



Another “Princess and the Frog” bonus today with this photo from the New Orleans research team:



See more Disneyland photos at my regular website.

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'm sorry to see this super series end. Gotta love the Storybook Boat lady's cat's eye glasses - wow!

Casey Jr. rocks and is way better than the canal boats, even though I do feel silly riding it (especially when I ride in the cage).

Thanks for this great series Dave!

Chiana_Chat said...

Great series Dave!

Favs include the skyway shot from the Tomorrowland station (Leavin' On a Skyway Bucket), the Matterhorn station shot, the Omnibus view of Main St and most of all I think, the Frontierland train station shot in this post. :)

Major Pepperidge said...

I want a job where they send me to New Orleans for research!