Wednesday, March 31, 2010
You Are There: Disneyland December 1961, Pt. 3
All aboard for a trip below the beautiful briny sea! Looks like our vessel MIGHT be the Triton. Here are a few shots of what you will see through your porthole windows:
Hope you enjoyed this three-part series showing how the park looked in December 1961.
Back to present days, here are a few shots of my most recent trip, focusing on one of my favorite areas, New Orleans Square. Love the theming as we pull into the station there:
Tiana is back with a musical celebration near the French Market:
And a few from The Blue Bayou:
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR DEPT.: Knotts fanatic, theme park designer extraordinaire, and author Chris Merritt just told me that the fantabulous event at Knotts Berry Farm on 4/18 has yet to sell out. WHAT???? At only $55, this one is a no-brainer!
Here are some of the activities available:
* Historical walking tours of Ghost Town
* Historical walking tours of Grand Avenue
* Sales and signing of Knott’s Preserved (pre-orders available)
* Multimedia lecture on early Knott’s history in the Bird Cage Theatre
* Group buffet dinner in the Chicken Dinner Restaurant
* A panel discussion with former Knott’s designers in the Bird Cage Theatre
You can download the pdf and then mail or fax your order. Now hop to it!
See more current and vintage Disneyland photos at my regular website.