Friday, August 21, 2009

Hats at Disneyland



Here’s a typical 1950’s family; just entered the park and other than dad, they look pretty darn grumpy. They want to see Disneyland, not pose for pictures!

By the time they get to Fantasyland, they’ve already gotten into the spirit of things. Souvenir hats for everyone (dad sure is generous!). Note the Zorro hat on the little tyke.



Naturally, both boys want Zorro hats. Can’t buy just one! Here’s the family aboard the Mine Train attraction.



Speaking of Zorro, it is finally about to get the deluxe treatment it has deserved. Disney is releasing the classic series with Guy Williams as part of its Treasure Tin series.



More from the Disney Family Museum: Here is a preview of the next Gallery:



Gallery 6 — The Late ‘30s to Mid ‘40s:

This difficult period in Walt’s life included the deaths of his parents, a studio strike that threatened the company’s viability, and a period when the U.S. military used part of the studio as a base. The company released Dumbo and produced training films for the military, public service shorts, and morale-
boosting films, and Walt embarked on a goodwill tour of South America to strengthen ties between the U.S. and Latin American countries. He later produced two Latin American-themed animated movies based on the trip.

Photos and union flyers from the 1941 Disney animators’ strike as well as samples of Disney films in support of the war effort will be among the gallery highlights. Also on view will be original art from Dumbo and insignias that the Studios created for numerous regiments and squadrons.





Download a factsheet on the museum here.

See more Disneyland photos at my website.

5 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Hi everyone it's me, the commentarious (ah I just coined a new word!) entity formerly just known as Chiana, now sporting a suitable suffix. Y'can still jes' call me Chiana and I won't hold it against you...

Ssso. Jeez Dave you're not kidding. It's GrumpyLand everyone :p But what a little time at Disneyland has done for them! I'd be smiling too if I could go to Rainbow Ridge and sit in the ol' Mine Train, anticipating a little journey thru Nature's Wonderland. :)

Zorro. Would've liked them to have kept on for a while but network finagglin' done cost another fav show before its time. Seems odd at this point it's on DVD not BluRay and collector's tin not a standard release. Still, I am SO glad Zorro's finally coming out.

Major Pepperidge said...

Those three slides are beauties, and I love the Zorro hats. I remember playing with some Zorro toys as a kid (although I wasn't around during the original '57 thru '59 airings!).

Matterhorn1959 said...

I totally dig the Zorro hats!

Chris Jepsen said...

Weird. Just two titles in Wave 9 of the Disney Treasures DVDs -- and BOTH of them are Zorro?!?

I'm still waiting for "Magic Highway U.S.A." and more of the Disneyland-related shows.

Unknown said...

yes.. Yes.. YES!!!! Zorro on DVD!! I'm going to Amazon right now! I thought my only hope of obtaining Zorro on DVD was to buy those colorized versions by joining the Disney DVD club. Thanks for the info Dave!