Monday, July 27, 2009

Disneyland Year 5: August 1960, Pt. 5



Like all of my series must do, this one has come to a close. We finish out in Frontierland today, starting off with the rip-roaring-raging fire over at the Burning Settler’s Cabin. Naturally, I’ve included a crazy-sick closeup of the settler with the arrow through his chest.



The peaceful Indian Settlement along the Rivers of America is still there today; compare and contrast these two images:





Last one is another beauty of the Mark Twain, the most photographed Riverboat in the world!



See more Disneyland Frontierland photos at my website.

5 comments:

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Having just seen Spamalot over the weekend, I can easily imagine the settler rising up and saying, "Actually, I'm feeling much better"

Major Pepperidge said...

Ha ha, the old "arrow through the chest" gag! Thanks for this great series from 1960.

Sereina Elwert said...

I love the old and new pictures that you post. I love Disneyland and it's history, so this is one of my favorite blogs!!!

CoxPilot said...

Me too. Great job Dave! The best is the last trip of the night on the ol' Mark T.

CoxPilot said...

Hey Dave; I know we've already been through Tomorrowland, but I stumbled onto this about the TWA rocket to the moon.

http://afilmla.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-small-
step-for-man.html

Also; I just finished watching (on TCM) the old George Pal film that I saw for the first time at the old West Coast Theater in Santa Ana in 1950, Destination Moon. I bring this up because the sound effects and interior visuals of the ship were SO like the Moon Ride. I would like to compare the sound tracks of both. It must have had a big influence on the Emagineers.