Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Trip to Disneyland: April 1965, Pt. 2



We’re off the tram and our two little "child stars" are about to enter the park. In picture two, they’ve actually made it in! Pay no attention to the bright and beautiful attraction posters hanging here...I’m sure there’ll be no interest in them some 40 years later.



Junior risks his life by petting the Streetcar Horse; looks like all is okay though, as he is able to walk his way down Main Street after this act of bravery.





Junior takes a moment to pose with his stylish sister in front of the famous Wooden Indian by the Main Street Cinema and Tobacco shop.



Across the way, our little camera hog yucks it up in the Bob Gurr Carnation Wagon. I’ll admit; this kid is not much of a yucker.



For you Southern California Disney fans (or those visiting SoCal 2/6 & 5/10), there is a cool exhibit coming up at the Western Center for Archaeology & Paleontology in Hemet called “Disney: The Music Behind the Magic.” It’s the first comprehensive exhibit devoted to exploring and examining the role music has played in The Walt Disney Company's phenomenal successes over the past 80 years. Download the info flyer here or visit the museum website.

See more Disneyland Main Street, U.S.A. photos at my website.

7 comments:

Thufer said...

the posters on the support columns in the parking lot. good times!!
i really do miss the parking lot, it was a special place.

TokyoMagic! said...

Thufer was reading my mind about the posters on the monorail columns. They would get you even more excited about being there. And I miss the parking lot too! Gee, I wish they would bring it back....no, I really do wish that! I am loving this series, Dave!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat series Dave, you know I love 1965! Hey, in the 3d photo (boy pets horse) what is that sign behind them to the right? It says "Town Square N..." and has what looks like mini posters???

Thanks for the heads up with the Western Center, I gotta check it out.

Daveland said...

Tim - That's actually the Omnibus, and the "N" is an "M" and I believe it's for Main Street. Kinda' dark...I wondered if it was something new when I first saw it too.

Major Pepperidge said...

LOVE the picture with the posters (naturally...)!

Horses are kind of scary! I petted one when I went to Central Park in NYC, but was more concerned with the driver yelling at me than with the horse doing anything.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Great series Dave. Beauties. Tim, those are the signs on the Omnibus.

jedblau said...

That Tomorrowland Jets poster is scary rare...never even seen one for sale anywhere. Astro Jets, yes. Jets, yes. Tomorrowland Jets...WOW!