Friday, January 23, 2009

Irving Bernstein Collection, Pt. 2



Wowee-kazowee! Check out the spiked heels on our Spacegirl in Tomorrowland! Looks like she’s trying to entice Spaceman to remove his helmet. What a Jezebel. Welcome to Day 2 of The Irving Bernstein Collection. Shot #2 is also in Tomorrowland; I believe we are looking at the queue for the Submarine Voyage. It appears that there is an invasion of Cub Scouts at the park on this day!



Most people would pass by on the next two photos; but being a true Disneyland geek, I immediately knew (even from the closeup) that these two shots were of the Yachtsmen Quartet. I have included a color photo from 1965 for your visual verification.







See more Disneyland Tomorrowland photos at my website.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

The photo of the Submarine Voyage line is great with the General Dynamics Nautilus posters on the pylon.

Katella Gate said...

Regarding the first photo of the innocently chatting couple... I'm sure AstroGirl knows the specific technique for getting a spaceman's helmet off, but I pass over the subject in silence and wonder how they got the bull fiddle up in that crow's nest. They are actually pretty fragile instruments.

Major Pepperidge said...

That Space Girl looks pretty fantastic! If I saw the two space people like this, I wouldn't want to bother them since it looks like such an intimate moment.

Anonymous said...

Caption for the spacepeople photo:

http://icanhaspixiedust.com/2009/01/24/converting-to-dtv-tomorrowland/

8=o)