Thursday, December 11, 2008

Disneyland in Glorious B&W, 1955, Pt. 6



Although Casey Jr. was briefly open on day one, Storybook Land was not themed and decorated until about a year later. These shots show Casey chugging around the track and the barren shores known as Canal Boats of the World at this time.



And last for today is also in Fantasyland, before the Skyway soared over the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship Restaurant.



See more vintage & current Fantasyland photos at my regular website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Nice shot of Casey Jr. going over that bare timber trestle!

Rob Fendler said...

Of course, you probably know how much I'm drooling over these early Casey Jr. shots.

Daveland said...

Should I send a napkin over?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I might need a napkin too! Major is right, Casey Jr. going over that bare timber trestle is nice indeed! Now if Casey's Ticket booth were in these, I would be in tears!