Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ken-L-Ration Kids’ Amateur Dog Show, Pt. 2



More from the same March 31, 1957 Dog Show, these photos have Sergeant Preston, and appear to have been taken outside Holidayland. However, Holidayland didn’t open until June according to what I’ve read, so it still had a few months to go when these photos were taken. Dick Simmons played Canadian Mountie Sgt. Preston from 1955–1958 on CBS. I wonder how Disney sponsor ABC felt about him being at the park?!?



The poor pooches don’t seem too happy about having to wear Mouse Ears!



See more Disneyland Holidayland photos on my Holidayland photo web page.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Hmmm, there is a sign for Holidayland in the background of the second photo... I wonder if it really was already open? Progressland once told me about the way some research was done for certain books, and it was surprisingly unscientific.

Katella Gate said...

Look at the size of that great Dane.