Thursday, August 14, 2008

Disneyland, October ’59, Pt. 5



Today we enter the gates of Frontierland, which is probably one of the biggest lands in the park. It does seem a little funny to view the little girl in the pink poodle skirt standing near the rustic gated entrance. Slide #2 shows the Floating Wedding Cake, aka The Mark Twain, with the Columbia squeaking by on the left.





The Main Street-styled Ice Cream Vendor seems a little out-of-place next to the old-fashioned Columbia; however, at 15¢ per treat, I won’t complain!





Love the way this cast member on the Columbia rigging is silouhetted through the California sunshine:



I am a huge Rainbow Ridge fan, and so glad that most of these buildings still survive today.



Guests working up an appetite for something more substantial than an ice cream bar can satisfy their hunger over at Casa de Fritos:





See more vintage & current Frontierland photos at my regular website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, probably one of the nicest images of Casa de Fritos I have seen!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, I've been commenting on the Major's blog and thought I should drop by here and tell you how much I've enjoyed your pics too! Vintage, new, in between, I've been lappin' 'em up from my time traveling computer hehe

These '59 posts are among the best. There's a nice you-are-thereness about them. That picture of the sun behind the Columbia reminds me of a family pic that's been lost, hopefully to turn up in a misplaced box or something, and prompts me to tell you I appreciate the Major, yourself and the other like-minded posters finding, preserving and sharing these pics for whomever may enjoy them. I'm certainly enjoying both your blog and the Major's blog as much as ever!

Daveland said...

Chiana & Major - Thanks so much for the nice comments - always nice to know how much people like the photos/posts! - Dave

Mr. Mouse Monthly said...

Wow! Castmember in the Columbia rigging! Was this normal?