Friday, August 22, 2008

Disneyland, October 1970 Pt. 3



What better day to visit Fantasyland than a Friday? Step right up readers and through the Castle we will visit this most beloved of the lands. I wonder if there’s any chance that the Castle can be returned to its more tasteful pink coloration for the Sleeping Beauty Diorama rededication? Next up is a boat of unsuspecting guests who don’t seem to realize that Monstro is about to gobble them up in Storybook Land.



Nearby at the Matterhorn, we have 3 lovely shots, with a few bobsleds visible in motion:







See more vintage & contemporary Fantasyland photos at my regular website. “Nightmare Before Christmas” fans—this Tim Burton classic is now available on Blu-ray, and also features a way cool tour of the Haunted Mansion (NBC version).

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Whoo-eee, look a the outfits that the women wore on Storybook Land! But I respect them for their minds.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Major, that's why my high school buds and I always enjoyed Storybook Land several times per visit during the 70s. And we'd always angle to sit at the back of the boat!

Anonymous said...

There's very very very little chance.

Hey I love the first Matterhorn pic especially. The Mt a bit pink on my screen? But it's such a great pic anyway, I just want to walk in!

Love the early pics but this is pretty much the Disneyland as I remember it, so I'm enjoying these just as much :)