Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Devlin Collection: Magic Kingdom Club Pt. 3



It’s a new decade at the park, and the Devlins are back on December 5, 1970. Even if this photo wasn’t date stamped, by the young girl’s outfit you’d know it was the 70’s! Souvenir photo holder stamp also included:



1971 is the last one in the series, in front of the Castle area again, with only 3 family members in attendance:





I can’t thank the Devlins enough for allowing me to post this through-the-years snapshot of a family over a 10 year period. See more vintage & current Disneyland photos at my regular website. “Nightmare Before Christmas” fans—this Tim Burton classic is now available on Blu-ray, and also features a way cool tour of the Haunted Mansion (NBC version).

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

There is something kind of fascinating about this series, seeing the family change and age. The fact that the photos were taken in Disneyland is almost incidental. I was just looking through some boxes of my own family's snapshots, and feeling nostalgic about the past. Maybe that's why these seem so poignant to me....

Anonymous said...

Only three attended the last time? What happened? I know people have things going on (or tragedies) in their lives, but after all those years ?