Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Day Later: August 29, 1965 Pt. 4



Hurry up and get to Town Square; the Disneyland Marching Band is about to play, and Mickey is leading them to their seats. As you can see in the background, Bekins has already been replaced by Global Van Lines. Make sure you notice the Tencennial logo on the lightpost in shot #2:



Please raise your hand if you’d like Hills Bros. Coffee Garden to return so that a decent cup of coffee on Main Street is possible!



See more vintage and current Town Square photos at my regular website.

4 comments:

Thufer said...

thanks dave for the shot of the coffee gardens. my favorite spot on main street usa; maybe my favorite spot in the entire park.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Man I can hear the music and smell the fresh ground coffee beans right now. Great pics.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I am raising my hand for the coffee gardens, it would be my first top at the park!

walterworld said...

Seems like the proverbial no-brainer...And they already have a spot for it since the coffee gardens area remains unused from what I can tell...

Nice post Dave!