Wednesday, July 23, 2008

June 25, 1966: Pt. 3



Anyone up for a day at The Sleeping Beauty Castle? Today we see three images of the Castle area in genuine FauxD©, with 2 showing the Snow White Wishing Well portion. You don’t normally see photos of this area because most guests focus intently on Adriana Caselotti’s voice rising magically from the depths of the well. Would somebody please get a paint brush for the lady on the left in this photo? She needs to finish painting her glow-in-the-dark orange pants on...wow! The times they are a-changin’!





Per Chris Jepsen’s request, I am posting a few shots from the Diorama that I took last weekend while we made “The Grand Circle Tour.” It’s true corn, but I love seeing the Grand Canyon/Primeval World show every time I visit the park.

















See more vintage and current Disneyland Diorama photos at my regular website.

4 comments:

pixiegirltink said...

Beautiful shots, Dave! As we passed through the other day I was wondering if the lighting was different, or maybe the starving dinosaurs had been cleaned or repainted. They all looked a little different - nicer.

(...could have been my fresh contacts...)

:) Lannie

The Viewliner Limited said...

Nice wishing well and SB castle pics. Diorama not corn... Corn-acopia of fine pics.

Major Pepperidge said...

Love those diorama and dino pix... I've always loved that part of the DLRR, and never managed to get good pictures myself.

walterworld said...

Dave:

Those are timeless shots of the Diorama!

But be careful; it's a long drop to the Canyon floor...