Tuesday, July 22, 2008

June 25, 1966: Pt. 2



Let’s spend a little time on the Submarine Voyage, back when the entire attraction had more of a military theme. The first few views include details of the fabulous Mermaids...let’s bring ’em back...I’m sure Nemo wouldn’t mind. I believe this was the final summer that the Mermaids graced the lagoon.





Who ever thought there’d be a picture of George Washington with Mermaids?!?



A little underwater scenery:



And a few bonus present-day photos. Here’s Tinkerbell flying over the Castle during the fireworks spectacular:







I could make a joke about blue flame, but out of respect for Tink, I’ll refrain.



Follow my Daveland updates on Twitter. See more vintage and current Disneyland Submarine Voyage photos at my regular website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Awesome mermaid pix, I sure wish they would come back. Great fireworks photos too, I wonder if Tink is covered in stuff the fluoresces under UV lights, she looks kind of like a dark ride figure.

Chris Jepsen said...

After seeing your photos of the fireworks and Primeval World, I now have camera lens envy. (You should post a cropped close-up of the dinos from Saturday. Those shots were amazing!)

Katella Gate said...

I remember the mermaids!

Probably the best gig in Disneyland. Lots of sun, no pesky guests to deal with, and as long as you keep smiling and waving, the girls can talk about anything they want.

Of course, you will get a very odd tan line from the rubber fish tail and absolutely NO COFFEE before your shift, but otherwise, a delightful job.