Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Disneyland After Dark: Annette & Bobby



Today’s “Disneyland After Dark” segment showcases Annette Funicello, beloved Mouseketeer and teenage Disney Darling of the Movies. Annette sings “Dance Annette” here. Shot #2 shows Annette being joined by teen heart-throb Bobby Rydell, who also starred in "Bye Bye Birdie" with Ann-Margret.



Last one for today is a solo shot of Rydell, with The Skyway and Tomorrowland in the background. Rydell’s song in the show was "Around the World."



See more vintage & current Tomorrrowland photos at my regular website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Any idea where those first two were taken? I'm wondering if it was inside the Red Wagon Inn (sans tables), but am not really sure. Annette sure was a cutie!

Daveland said...

David - I believe all three are in the same location in Tomorrowland.

CoxPilot said...

Dave,

Your right about the Tommowland location. They put up a bandstand area in front of the Space Bar. You can see some of the light through the blinds. You could still walk back behind that area and get food while they were playing.

I was somewhere in that crowd, and remember how good they all looked.

Great posts. I hope there are more of these.

mr wiggins said...

Great stuff Dave! To show you how many times "Disneyland After Dark" has been played at our house (first Beta-taped off the Disney Channel in the 1980's, when it was the DISNEY Channel), I've done that Rydell shtick of "I like it! I like it! I like it! I like it!" so many times that at the first "I like it," my wife throws a plate at my head.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, play the "Around the World" sequence from that show. And turn it up.

Loud.