Saturday, January 19, 2008

Through the eyes of Mildred, July 1972

Today is the last Mildred post, but probably the most revealing one yet. You’ve seen you’ll get a peek inside...a look at what makes her tick. You can experience Disneyland just as Mildred did. The first photo is from Jungle Cruise; today, this African Veldt scene has been semi-enclosed with a cave-like structure. Others might look away in horror from this scene of a lion devouring a zebra, but not Mildred. Her craving for a turkey leg has just been re-awakened by this view. Shot #2 is one of my faves; not only is it probably my only green monorail shot, but it has a great assortment of 70’s style: on the left is a pseudo-hippie, and dead center is a Foxy Brown and Shaft combo. Of course the purple-circle blouse on the right isn’t too bad either.

Welcome to the 70’ about these psychedelic swirls of floral color near Central Plaza?

This shot shows what I loved about the “old” Tomorrowland: lots of cool layering...PeopleMover, Skyway, Rocket Jets, a peek at the much to choose from.

When we left Mildred yesterday, she was hanging out in Town Square with Pluto. She probably picked up a cup o’ Joe at the Hills Brothers Coffee Garden while she was there:

I’m sure she wanted to get a hat at the Mad Hatter, but not much would fit over her helmet hair. So, instead she just watched Pluto in action:

Last one of the series: she apparently stopped for a bit to watch the Dwarves in a parade on Main Street:

See more vintage Disneyland photos on my regular website.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Add me to your network


Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, the 70's were sumthin', huh?

Awesome green Monorail shot, I don't think I have a single one!

Biblioadonis aka George said...

That third shot is my favorite!

Great colors...

Are you talking 'bout Shaft?

Davelandweb said...

George - make sure you sing it when you say that!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Wow that 2nd pic is great. I think I had a head band like that guy on the left! Foxy & Shaft are too much!

Hey Dave "Can ya dig it?"

"Damn right!"

Great post, but, well, I miss Mildred!! (actually, she lets me call her "Milly")