Saturday, November 24, 2007

Town Square Trio

“Winston! Come quickly! That’s SCARY Minnie! Let’s go!” Yes, it’s Scary Minnie; her costume was still somewhat frightening (in a Chuckie the Clown way) when this August 1960 photos was snapped. The Mad Hatter was still a Baby Stroller/Wheelchair shop. Moving back to color, we have a view of the Horse Drawn Streetcar from April 1963. Sailor hats must have been in, as I see at least 2 in this photo.

Although his face looks a little lumpy, Mickey is definitely less scary with this better proportioned costume from 1965 (note tour going on in background):

See more vintage and current Disneyland Town Square photos on my regular website.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Add me to your network


Viewliner Ltd. said...

As usual more great pictures. As I told Gorrilas Dont Blog and Stuff from the Park, I have been looking at theirs and your blog for sometime and have enjoyed it all. I started my own blog yesterday. It will be a blog featuring all things true "Americana", When you get a chance take a look. Thanks again for all the great pictures.

Biblioadonis aka George said...

I love the old costumes. People will probably laugh at the ones we use now, compared to the holographic/robot/living characters in 50 years.

How did they hold up those enormous heads?