Monday, October 08, 2007

The Columbia & The Rivers of America, September 1959



Today we’ll begin a 2 part journey around the Rivers of America on the Columbia. I love it when the exact date is printed on the slide, and this one is September 2, 1959. Kind of a “You Are There” type thing; makes you feel more connected, ya’ know? For pic 2, I have included a detail of the right-hand side, which shows the bridge to (I believe) the Chicken Plantation. Can anyone identify what the signage on the left of the closeup is for? It looks pretty rustic, so perhaps the Indian Village.








What trip on the ROA would be complete without a Burning Cabin shot?



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Columbia photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

It's just a guess, but I would agree that the sign is probably for the Indian Village. But I guess it could be for the Canoes or the Keel Boats...?