Friday, September 07, 2007

Indian Village, June 1960



After getting a number of emails requesting I add Critter Country to my website, I finally buckled under and added it to my regular website. However, I still prefer that area when it actually had some life...namely the Indian Village. Here are some views from June 1960. Something about the Indian’s pink satin jacket just doesn’t seem to fit in. For view #2, I have also included a closeup of what would appear to be some kind of ticket booth perhaps? Experts?







See more vintage Disneyland Indian Village photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Pink satin goes anywhere, anytime!

Nice pictures of the ticket booth...I've never seen that before!! I'll have to look at my old ticket books to see if there are tickets for the Indian Dancers.

Anonymous said...

If you zoom in on your photo of the indian village of July 1968 (upper left) you can see the same ticket booth. I'm confident it's for the Davy Crocket canoes, and the Mike Fink Keel boats. By the way; the Keel boats and Tom S's Island raft operators were the highest paid ride operators in the Park due to the fact that both were non-track controlled, and on water. I didn't spend much time in the Indian Village... it was to far from where I worked in Tomorrowland.

Anonymous said...

That Indian Village ticket booth seemed to always have the cutest girls working there! At least as I remember it. Seeing that wooden coin rack in front of the cashier brought back memories.