Friday, June 08, 2007

Christmas in June



Even though it’s June, I thought I’d post this batch of Christmas shots from December, 1968—hey, it’s only 6 more months until the season! You’ll note various views of Main Street, the Marching Band, and even a flocked tree in Town Square!







Now where do we go next kids?



Can you scoot over just a hair to the right so I can see the entire Mr. Lincoln poster?!?





The socks are killin’ me in this one:





Dad, can I PLEASE have money for a Tinkerbell Twist?!?







For more vintage & current Disneyland photos, visit my regular website.

8 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

What, only 12 photos today?? ;-)

I can't tell you how many times I'll be thinking about posting a "theme", and you do it first! I was going to do "Christmas in July"!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Dave!!! What a fantastic series. I love the park at Christmas. Thanks for so many beautiful pics and all the work you do to share them with us. Merry Christmas!!!

Daveland said...

Major - sorry for being a slacker! I was going to originally do a Christmas in July but couldn't wait. I am impatient. And anonymous—thanks for the holiday wishes and kind words!

walterworld said...

Dave---

Your posts never lack in both quality AND quantity!

Quite a feast for the eyes.

As always, THANKS and please keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

1. I thought the Tree went up where the Flagpole is in Town Square. Yet in photo after photo, the flagpole can be seen but not the tree.

2. In N27B2.jpg (the Magic Shop, I think) there are large black protruberances at the roofline. Any idea what they are?

Daveland said...

Anonymous: In all the photos I have seen and in person, the Xmas tree is typically at the edge of the town square triangle nearest the Emporium; the flagpole remains. I will check the original slide when I get a chance to see what the big black blog is up above the Wurlitzer Shop; now you have me curious!

Anonymous said...

I think I like these simpler holiday decorations better than the latest overdone approach.

That shrouded object on the Wurlitzer Shop roof looks to me like a follow spot (spotlight). Maybe it's in place for the Candlelight Procession?

Gavin Elster said...

I'm diggin the socks.