Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Minnie Through The Years



I had a request from a reader to show the development of some of the costumed characters. Although some of these are repeats, I thought I’d post them anyway as it is interesting to see how their look changed over the years. The first two shots are Minnie from 1960 (Town Square & Tomorrowland). She looks a little scary with her out-of-proportion large head, beady eyes, and painted on eyebrows. And besides that, turquoise just doesn’t seem to be her color.



Jump forward to my 1970 photo of me with Mickey & Minnie and you’ll notice that she has been softened somewhat; “real” lashes, rounder eyes, a more proportional body, and an entire dress that covers her figure, not just a skirt.



By 1977 she is wearing a hat and a snazzy pollka-dot dress, but the mask itself is about the same.



Flash forward to today and Minnie’s eyelashes have been plasticized again and her widow’s peak has been raised. On top of that, she’s a hot little dancer now!



And in case you haven’t noticed, Spring has arrived at Disneyland, and it looks mighty purty.





For more vintage & current Disneyland photos, visit my regular website.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Minnie has had a nose job in the last photo of her. She has that "pulled back" look too, poor Minnie!

Wow, those trees in bloom are spectacular!

FoxxFur said...

I love Minnie, so this really improved my day. =)

Tinker Bell said...

Wow, Minnie, like Rita Hayworth, had her hairline raised. This I did not know. Would we call her "The Love Mousess" now? ;)
LOVE those shots of the spring flowers. Those colors are completely and insanely fabulous! Awesome!!!